Monday, March 30, 2009

Whirrrrrrrr

Last two weeks we've had about 3 major assignments due and have had to figure out all the final logistics for our ISPs. This has made my brain very tired and me and my body very stressed. I think I will watch Superbad tonight.

Had a good weekend though. Big party at a club with some new friends Friday- we finally met people outside of the group of 22!! Then a Relay for Life Saturday where we sold coffee and tea all night to raise money for the South African cancer society. Pretty fun. Sunday, very sleep deprived, my roommates and I went to a concert for a pretty popular (deservingly so) local band called Freshly Ground. Awesome band, really cool girl as a lead singer. It was a picnic concert in a park so we brought our mats/blankets/towels and a basket of food and relaxed in the sun. I'm getting an awesome tan here, by the way. 

New pictures up soon. Hopefully it will satiate you as I will be leaving Wednesday until April 17th and have no internet! Or indoor plumbing! The horrors! No, sarcasm there, I really like Impendle and I am looking forward to it, I do have phone service for those of you concerned. I'll be in a room with two of the other Americans, fairly nice with electricity and plentiful food.

Wish me luck on my photo project... I'll be working with pregnant mothers to document antenatal care. Yay! Like most other things here before they happen, I'm excited, but nervous.

One of my old blog posts has been published in the Tartan as part of their Tartans abroad series: thetartan.org/2009/3/30/pillbox/abroad

All for now, see you in a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison...we had a great service this morning at church - I'll save you some of my Robin Eggs....
    much love, Henry

    ReplyDelete